Sunday, June 14, 2009

No, there's nothing you can't ask.



This weekend was pretty solid. Except for Friday morning, when I completely wiped out, in the middle of 5th Avenue, on the crosswalk, in the rain, in front of some of my co-workers. I have some scratches, but really it was just my pride that was bruised while walking in the office soaking wet and 10 minutes late. Things really only went uphill from there. Scored some major pieces through artful bargain shopping. The best being the Calvin heels. I'm going to attempt some daily outfit shots of the new clothes, so maybe I can post those soon. The picture above is from the beautiful dressing room in Mango, which felt more like a club than a fitting room with mirrored walls. Uniqlo button down, UO shorts, random jewelz. Shira wearing the adorable dress from the store who's name I forgot. Sorry.



These were the shoes I almost bought at the collection store. But I opted for the heels instead. Hopefully after my next paycheck, these puppies will still be around in my size.


This was the most amazing event of the whole weekend! After work, I went to the Met to check the Bacon and Model As Muse exhibits, and I saw Chuck Close. Best star struck celebrity sighting encounter of my life. In true New York fashion, no one around me said a word. Check out his gravity defying wheelchair. I really wanted to talk to him, shake his hand or something, but no one else was even acknowledging him, so I didn't either.



And finally, his one goes out to Shira, reblogged from Foster Kamer.

1 comment:

  1. YOU SAW CHUCK CLOSE? ugh. your life is cooler than mine.

    ReplyDelete