Monday, November 9, 2009

Spirit.

It's s hard to think about next semester, right now. Next Monday is my last course selection of college, this semester will be over in less than three weeks! Kind of hard to believe. Next semester is also Spirit Fashion Show, in April. Spirit is the black students' association on campus, and like Lunar Gala, they hold a fashion show. My friend Tina is on the board, and she's been encouraging me to apply. Honestly, it is so hard for me to think that far in advance. But last night I made a point to get the submission done, and turned it in at just the last minute!

Lust, Sloth, Pride, and Gluttony finishes from my Spirit Fashion Show submission.

The application required a mini project. They asked for 3 to 5 sketches on the theme of "Seven Deadly Sins". Since the show is usually pretty theatrical, I went with gowns inspired by 4 of the 7 sins: Lust, Sloth, Pride, and Gluttony. Here is some of my process:







No comments:

Post a Comment