Saturday, November 7, 2009

Second Wind.



Yesterday was really productive. I ended up working in studio from noon until 8, finishing this skirt, and starting the final of everyone's-favorite-dress. I think I need to start naming these pieces, instead of referring to them as "the teal skirt" or "the drape-y dress".



When all is said and done, with Pieces and LG over, I will be very excited to wear this skirt myself, in real life. It fits beautifully. It's relatively simple, and will have a one sleeved top worn with it. Like so:


Still deciding if that waistbelt is actually going to happen. The one sleeve top though is a definite.







I'm hoping to have this guy finished today. The fabric I chose is gorgeous but a little shear. I've flat lined two layers of fabric, and then lined it with a black cotton twill for support, and so far, it looks good. The fabric is very temperamental, wrinkles easily, wont lie flat, etc, though I think with a little finesse, it can be controlled. Before I hit studio I have to make a run to JoAnn's (shudder), and see what this Designer Days event is all about. Grant is working there today, so hopefully he'll put aside some cute items for me. :)

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment