Friday, October 9, 2009

Lunar Gala.

I submitted my Pieces project to Lunar Gala! It's our student run fashion show on campus. Last year I was the photographer for LG, but this year, I definitely wanted to design. The show will be in February, probably around the 20th. Hopefully, my designs will be chosen, and I'll be able to show my work in a fun fashion show, with models.

Here is my submission portfolio. The folder and format was inspired by the lovely Christine. :)





Sorry for the crappy picture quality, I took these with my iPhone. I wanted to use all white on white, so that the inspiration, fabric, and designs popped. I used ripped paper, white tape, and sewing pins to put everything together.




There are 4 panels. The binder folds open, to the LG designer application, and a small note that I wrote to the design judges, explaining my intentions and the work to be done during my Pieces course.




Those two panels open again, to reveal (left to right): inspiration, color palette and fabrics, and finally the designs.










These are by no means my final finishes. I'll spend a lot more time on the finals. But since I don't have the fabric yet, I didn't want to render the finals, without knowing the exact color, texture, and material of the final fabrics. The little dolls simple color block out my intentions for each look.








1 comment: